Montauk United

Providing Montauk Residents a Means to Speak and Act as One!

Register a complaint with Town of East Hampton

The Town code is there for a purpose, and it needs to be enforced. Whether it's overcrowding of restaurants and bars, group homes, excessive noise, illegal parking, beach fires, no matter the violation, it is our responsibility to report so it can be dealt with by the proper authorities. Everything is important.

If you see or hear of a code violation of any kind, you can call Code Enforcement at 631-324-3858 and report the violation. Be sure to ask for a customer complaint number for your records.  You can find all the ordinance forms on the East Hampton Town Web site.

Or better still,  you can fill out an ordinance issue complaint form on-line. This form will immediately be sent to the Town Code Enforcement office and subsequently to an enforcement officer to investigate the complaint.

Town officials have said the quicker they receive a complaint, the quicker that can act on it…and the more complaints they receive, the stronger the case is for the Town to take action. Here are the details on the process.  

New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA)

If you are concerned about the Montauk party scene, you can register a complaint directly to the New York State Liquor Authority (NYSLA)

Want to find out more?  Here is a link to the NYSLA's  Web site where you can find out more.