Providing Montauk Residents a Means to Speak and Act as One!
South Fork Wind
|Posted by joan on 16 July, 2019 at 17:50|
In an effort to help inform and engage with the community, Montauk United has offered to serve as a forum for the South Fork Wind development. Here is a brief overview of the project. You can view a presentation prepared by its sponsor, Orsted, by clicking on the link on our home page.
- Orsted is a Danish company focused on clean energy
- Orsted recently acquired Deepwater Wind from DE Shaw, a New York based asset management firm
- Deepwater Wind is Rhode Island based offshore wind developer, with current projects in New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maryland and New Jersey
- Deepwater Wind is currently developing South Fork Wind, a project to locate 15 wind turbines 35 miles east of Montauk Point
- The turbines are intended to generate wind energy that is then transferred onshore and used to power the South Fork
- The energy generated offshore is meant to be directed to the “heart” of the South Fork energy grid, the Cove Hollow substation in East Hampton
- Energy that is not immediately consumed is stored in lithium battery storage facilities, located in both East Hampton (Cove Hollow substation) and Montauk (Shore Rd)
- South Fork Wind permit applications were submitted last year (both New York State and the Federal approvals are required), approval is expected in 2020 and construction to commence thereafter in 2021
- The turbines are located in federal waters, with potential landing sites in both Wainscott (requiring real estate rights from Town of East Hampton and Trustee Boards) and Montauk (required real estate rights obtained from state agencies)
- Landing in Wainscott requires 61.4 miles of submarine cable and 4.1 miles of onshore traverse
- Landing in Montauk requires 49.6 miles of total submarine cable and 11.9 miles of onshore traverse
Again, our goal is to help inform the community and serve as a forum for discussion. You may direct any thoughts, questions, feedback, etc. by posting your comments here.
Categories: Member Reports
Post a Comment
Oops, you forgot something.
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.
supreme clothing http://www.supremesonline.com
hermes belt http://www.hermesbelts.us.org
yeezy boost 350 http://www.yeezy350v2s.us
kd 12 http://www.kd12.org
off white jordan http://www.off---whiteshoes.com
russell westbrook shoes http://www.russellwestbrookshoes.us
kd shoes http://www.kd14.org
golden goose outlet http://www.goldengooseoutletstore.com
bape official http://www.abathingapeofficial.com
golden goose http://www.goldengooseoutlets.us
bapesta shoes http://www.bape-stas.com
jordan shoes http://www.jordanstoreonline.com
supreme new york http://www.supreme-clothings.us.com